A Little Office DIY Project

With the start of printing my invitation samples, my inventory is about to increase significantly, and frankly, I didn't know where I was going to put it all.... so we went off to search a few Salvation Army stores to see if we couldn't stumble upon a treasure or two. At our second store, I spotted a great dresser that seemed perfect for what I needed and it was $60. Great drawer space, but not too large and not too tall - it will be a great work surface - and if it never needs to be relocated, it will fit nicely in a bedroom. We bought it.

We removed the drawer pulls, filled in the holes, sanded, primed and painted it a really great olive color. I was pretty nervous about trying something other than grey (if you know me, you know grey is my go-to color), but it was a great choice. It looks a little light in the photos, but it's really pretty dark. I love how it looks against my pale blue walls. We finished it off with some adorable drawer knobs from Anthropologie. Granted, the knobs ended up being as much as the dresser, but what are you going to do - I loved them.  With it all said and done, it was probably around $150 and that is quite a deal on a solid wood dresser.

Here are some photos I snapped on my iphone of the process.

Photobucket

We feel very accomplished.

Posted on January 27, 2012 and filed under Personal.